We are happy to announce a new major update on our powerful DVD Player application.
The new, latest version (named: version 6.5) is already on the Microsoft Store and will be officially released pretty soon !
In the latest version we have added support for reading multiple optical drives together (NEW feature that many users have asked).
Also, an important bug is fixed. There were some users that the app couldn't read the Optical Drive and didn't start at all. We have provide a general fix for this!
Also, Starting from version 6.5 and on, the DVD Player+ will have support for Remote Control Playback from your phone!!
This feature was something that many users have asked to add, and finally it's here. So, from now on, you are able to connect your PC to your large TV screen, lay on the couch with pop-corn (or nachos, or whatever you like) and use your phone to control the playback (play/pause, navigate to chapters, control the volume, etc).
Phone as Remote Control - DVD Player+ phone edition
Of course, you must download the official DVD Player+ Phone edition on your phone and the two devices (Windows 10 PC and Android Phone) will be autodiscovered and autoconnected (they must be on the same network). Very soon, we hope in the next few days, the Android version of the DVD Player+ will be officially released from the Google Play Store. We will build also the Windows Mobile and the iPhone versions of the remote control.
Apart from this major new feature, in the new (6.5) version, we have also correct a really annoying bug in the app, where for some DVD Movies, the DVD menu was stuck and the PLAY button wasn't clickable.
Stay tuned! We will try to inform as many users as possible with a Notification, either from the app or from our Website!
Until the official release on both Stores (Microsoft and Google Play), you may watch on the video below how easy is the control (live video, captured on our labs)!
VIDEO PREVIEW: Connecting an Android Phone as remote control playback for your DVD movie)
If you think that we have forgot something, or if there is something extra that you may want to add, please, send it to us througth the app's dedicated contact page:
- Added Playback support of all Audio-CD's (commercial or not).
- Autorecoginze and load an Audio-CD.
- Autofind and display the Album's Info (Performer, Cover Art, Genre, etc)
- Autofind and display the information about the containing Songs/Tracks (Duration, Track Number, Perfomer, Producer, etc).
- User Interface: A beautiful blue-colour Spectrum shows the a graphical view of the the Song that is currently playing!
- Supports CD playback when the app is not in foreground (it is minimized).
- Supports fast switching of the tracks that is being played.
- Add the ability to have the DVD Player+ the default CD player application for your Windows 10 System.
Version 5.0 Screenshots:
Audio-CD Playback in Action: On the top-left the Album Info is displayed. On the left side, a list with all the CD Songs/Tracks. Tap on a song and switch the playback to it. On the bottom of the screen the action buttons to handle the playback: Play, Pause, Volume Control, the Song's timeline. Finally, on the center of the screen a beautiful blue-spectrum is visuallising the Song that is playing!
Autoloading the Audio-CD from the App's Main Menu: Album and Track Info are displayed. You may start playback directly by pressing the blue "Play Audio-CD" on the center (the playback will start from the 1st song), or if you prefer to start from a specific track, just click the white play icon near it!
The new version is available from the official Microsoft Store.
This was something that we were aware of, and we are very happy to integrate it and embed it in our application. We hope that you will like it, too.
(published 22 of November 2018)
- Fix the Black Screen video that affect some users (general fix) We have continue to fix the problem with black screen video that has affect users with old harduware (graphic cards). A new algorithm was implemented, across the NEW ability to render the Video with any video output method you prefer: Direct3D11, Direct3D9, OpenGL or Windows GDI. This feature is accessible before the actual start of the DVD Movie playback, where you select the "Player Options". Read more for all the options here:
- Fix an issue where the Player hangs in the middle of the movie. We have identify the problem and here is the fix for it.
- Faster loading times during start-up. We have promise to make things and loading times faster. We have implemented this and you are ready to enjoy!
DVD Player+ : "Avengers: Infinity War" DVD Movie menu!
(published 26 Oct. 2018)
- Fix the Black Screen video that affect some users. We have added a new way to bypass the problem that was affect an important set of our users. A new algorithm was implemented, across the NEW ability to render the Video with backward compatibility to Direct3D9. This feature is accessible before the actual start of the DVD Movie playback, where you select the "Player Options". - Faster startup loading time..
DVD Player+ : "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" DVD Movie menu!
(published 19 Oct. 2018)
- Change the movie's Aspect Ration during playback Choose from 4:3, 16:9 or 16:10 to fit the exact Ratio of the movie you have. Usually, this information is printed as a logo in the back of the DVD movie case! If you don't select any specific ratio, then the Movie player will use a default ratio taken from the video stream.
- Reset the app's initial Setup. Very useful especially in cases where hardware changes occured in your PC and the app must request new permission from the user to access the Optical Drive (DVD or CD drive). - Faster loading times during start-up. Keep in mind that in the near future this process will become way to faster. This extra feature is added only for the current version as a workaround, because many users complained for difficulties in the application setup process.
Deadpool 2 movie - (preview of the new Menu)
(published 12 Oct. 2018)
- Fixed Black Screen Video and Sound problems ! - Options for enabling Hardware Acceleration during playback (On/Off). - Option to direct play your Movie without playing the DVD menu. - Improved Movie's Information Search (sorting, etc.).
(published 28 Sept. 2018)
- Fix a serious bug with purchased add-on’s that disable the ads! - Fixed bugs with movie playback!
(published 14 Sept. 2018)
[ 1 of 4 ] DVD MOVIE PLAYER
The new version allows you to play directly almost any Movie from DVD's, VCD's or Audio-CD's.
Many users have asked for this valuable feature, so here you go. Enjoy your favorite DVD Movie directly from inside the app.
[ 2 of 4 ] MOVIE INFORMATION AND EXTA VIDEOS & CLIPS
Apart from the Movie Player, we have also added a new and Innovative way to enjoy your DVD Movies. Thus, for each DVD movie, you are autoprovided with all the available information about the Movie you have selected to watch (the Plot, the Movie Poster, access to all the official Trailer and Videos), etc. The experience is enriched with all these features.
For this to work, you don't have to do anything from your part.
Just put the DVD Disc with the Movie in your optical drive. The app will autorecognize the movie and you will provided with all the Extra Info for it!
[ 3 of 4 ] EXTERNAL SUBTITLES WITH SYNCH CAPABILITY
In addition, in our new Movie Player, there is the ability to select and switch On/Off the DVD subtitles, switch the Audio language of the movie, Navigate througth the Chapters, etc.
There is also the option to add subtitles from an external file on your PC. Plus, if you find that your subtitle file is out-of-sync with the movie, you are able to sync the two (movie and subtitle)!
[ 4 of 4 ] OPTION TO REMOVE ADS FOREVER !
We have also added the option to disable any ads inside the app, by purchasing an addon. This is happened once and you will not see anymore ad, forever. But, if you don't want to pay anything, this is not a problem. All features of the app are free to use and no extra ads will be shown during the movie playback!
So, what do you wait for?
Click on the button below to update the app now to the latest version and enjoy!
the Mobility in Life Applications team
What to do you plan to do? _______________________________________________________________